Friday 20 December 2013

Baked Chicken and Sausages

Ever have one of those nights when you know you need to cook something for the masses, but it's the tail end of a week and you've not been shopping, or you just don't want to spend a lot of time standing in the kitchen?

Well, that's the night I've had tonight.

I had a chicken and a couple packs sausages in the fridge that both really wanted using tonight, and I didn't feel like spending lots of time in the kitchen, so tonight we are having baked chicken and sausages. It's like a roast chicken, except I cut the chicken up so that it would cook quicker. This isn't a quick 30 minute meal, but it is certainly easy.

Baked chicken with sausages

I drizzled olive oil over the top then sprinkled over dried sage and thyme, salt and pepper. This then went into the oven at Gas Mark 6/400F/200C. I've set the timer for 25 minute, and will flip the sausages around to brown the underside then place it all back into the oven to cook another 20 minutes.

This will be served with broccoli and mashed potatoes.

There's a good chance I will have leftovers tonight, so I'll use those to make either a soup or a pile of mini chicken pasties tomorrow night.

Chicken pasty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. If you have question I will answer you as soon as possible.