I have many fond memories of making chocolate no bake cookies when I was growing up.
A an adult, I don't make no-bake cookies nearly so often. This is something I plan on changing, as these are cookies that my children can easily help me to make in the kitchen. This is just the sort of treat to help introduce kids to the simple pleasures to be had in cooking.
For a change try making no bake cookies with muesli instead of regular oats, or try using different ground nut butters.
Easy No Bake Cookies
- Serves: makes 3 dozen
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- 400 grams granulated sugar
- 45 grams cocoa powder
- 115 grams butter
- 120ml milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 400 - 470 grams rolled oats
- 130 grams peanut butter
- Measure the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla into a large moxing bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. Put on the burner over a medium heat. Stir occasionally until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Allow the mix to come to a rolling boil. Do not adjust the heat underneath at this time to try to speed up the process!
- Once it has come to a rolling boil, watch the clock and let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir into the bowl with the peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- Drop by spoonful onto greaseproof paper. I use two spoons, one to scoop and the other to push onto the greaseproof paper.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes to set. If you can wait that long!