Monday 13 January 2014

Rack of lamb with a mint herb crust

Lamb is a popular dish in our house, and when I find a rack of lamb on sale I like to do something special with it. Now, I firmly believe when you have a good piece of meat you shouldn't much about with it too much, so this is a rather simple but tasty dish I've made.

This was made using 2 racks of 6 ribs each.

Start by searing the outside of the lamb in a bit of olive oil in an oven proof saute pan

Finely chopped 1 garlic clove, 1 small palmful parsley, and 1 small palmful mint and mix this with a tablespoon dried bread crumbs.

Add a small amount of olive oil to make a paste and spoon this over one side of the seared lamb.

Transfer the whole thing into the oven at gas mark 5 for 50 minutes.

Once cooked I sliced the rack into individual portions and served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. If you have question I will answer you as soon as possible.