This recipe is so quick and easy to make. Pop it in the oven when you sit down for dinner, it’ll be ready to eat when you’re finished with the main course.
|Easy Apple Crumble|
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 cooking apples, small to medium
- 2 X 15 ml spoonfuls granulated sugar
- 100 gm plain flour
- 50 gm butter
- 50 gm granulated sugar
- 2.5 mg ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/350F
- Wash, core and slice apples. Place half the apples in a baking dish, sprinkle over with the 15 - 30 gm(1 - 2 tablespoons) sugar. Place other half of apples on top.
- Sieve flour and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Rub in butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Stir in 25 gm sugar
- Sprinkle over the apples
- Bake until topping is pale brown, about 25 - 35 minutes. Serve warm with custard or ice cream.
I don't fiddle about making custard, I use Bird's Custard Powder to save time and hassle.